It was me sitting still in the corner of my room and looking at my childhood album. I flipped some pages and there was this one where I was sitting on my father's lap. He loved me the most and fulfilled all my needs. I remember the day when he left all of us in this scary world.
I saw some pictures of my dad's best friend, he was our beloved uncle. He also passed away 9 years ago.

My father was kind at heart. Respected everyone and gained a lot of respect from a lot of people. He was very lenient and never spoke bad or backbite about anyone, it happened many a times that he found us speaking bad about others and he told us that you shouldn't be saying such things if you don't know what exactly is the reason behind it.
One day he left, his advises, his voice echoes in our ears, his face still revolves around our thoughts. May his soul rest in peace. It seems like someone took him away from between us, it wasn't his time yet.
It is been 5 years, still we can't believe he is not between us. We feel that he is watching us, encouraging us to move on and he is aware of whatever is happening is our lives. I feel that he also becomes sad when he sees that I am sad and becomes happy when sees that I am happy and satisfied.

Memories live inside us forever, they never vanish, never blur and never fade. Sometimes they make us glad and they also make us sad. I love those times when I sit and remember old things, when I was a kid, school days, fun with family, fights with sibling, teasing friends, hiding things and fighting over food. :) These things make us feel happy. I also look over all the bad that happened, all the tragedies of life which I can remember, whether they occurred intentionally or unintentionally.
There is always a lesson learnt; be it parents' restrictions, scoldings and limitations. All that happened was for our good only.

Which is your best and worst memory?


post signature
Bookmark and Share

8 comments:

Sahar Shah said...

I am really sad to know about your dad, May Allah keep his soul in peace always and bless him the highest level in Jannah...
I love your blog and your photography... very nice work.

Noor said...

May Allah give him the best place in jannah ameen. Such a touching story mashAllah.

Kindy said...

Lovely post. My best memory was when mom and dad got together after 7 years of separation.

Diane said...

I'm just on my way to a family reunion. My 87 year-old dad will be there. We lost my Mom 10 years ago. This beautiful post made me even more grateful that I'm spending the weekend with my remaining parent. I daily write about my memories - favourite and otherwise. :) IT's very, very hard to pick just one . . .

♥●• İzdihër •●♥ said...

May Allah keep his soul in peace.

Sweetheart Diary said...

@Noor & @Izdiher --- Please rememeber him in your duaas.

@Diane --- MashaAllah, you are lucky to be enjyoing weekend with your remaining parent. And Me too.

Mahera Azfar said...

Amna i can understand your feelings.

Amna, my father died when i was too young, i remember the day when he died infront of my eyes and i was holding his left hand. it has been 16 years now. i have 2 elder brothers, i don't have any sister, may be this is the reason that he loved me a lot, he also fulfilled all my desires , i missed him a lot. My father was a very jolly person, he always tried to make them laugh. people came to him to share their sorrows. the day before his death, he was in a hospital and there we was trying his level best to make people happy.

BUS KHATI METHI YADAIN REH JATI HAIN, I LIKE THIS POST A LOT. IT IS HEART WARMING.

BUT AMNA I THINK EVERY THINK HAPPENS FOR A REASON.

Sweetheart Diary said...

Salam Mahera, I am glad to see you here and really liked your comment. May Allah bless your father also with the best place in Jannah. We both can understand each other very well.
Exactly, bas yadein hee reh jati hain...
and I agree that everything has a reason behind it.

Search

Archive